Monday, January 4, 2016

Wonderful News

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11



When we started out on this journey, my biggest fear was that adoption wasn't in God's plan for John. I didn't know how in the world, in just 1 month, we would have time to advocate for him. One of my friends at church reminded me that God can do a LOT in just 1 month... and even if adoption wasn't in John's future, He still had a plan for him.

When I adopted my girls, it was a loud and clear calling. I just KNEW that I was meant to adopt them, no matter what it took. I felt confident that God was leading our family in that direction. Every night I prayed that God would speak to the heart of John's family, and give them that same conviction. I prayed that He would take a heart that was saying "maybe" into a heart that was shouting "YES!!!"

John's story was shared in many ways throughout social media. One sweet family saw his story, and God started working! God spoke loud and clear... and this family stepped forward to lock his file. John will be living out west, in the snowy mountains. (ah...God has such a sense of humor, doesn't he? Did I mention that John is always freezing?)

John will no longer be an orphan, he will be a beloved son and brother. We are so thankful that when we put him on that plane next week, we can look him in the eye and tell him that everything will be OK! Please join us in praying for John and his future family. John is 11, and has spent his entire life in China. He will grieve deeply, no doubt.  Let's pray for his heart to be open to adoption and to a future in America. For those that have been through a China adoption, you know the obstacles and challenges that lie ahead. So many things can go wrong. Let's pray that this process will be quick, with no snags along the way. 

Many of you have been touched by John's story. Let me remind you that he is one of thousands, in just one small part of the world. My prayer is that each of you will take this experience and poor it into another child. YOU can host! Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! It is 4 weeks out of your life, and it will be a life-changing experience for that child. YOU can adopt! It will change you, so be ready. YOU can support someone's adoption. God can take a little bit and turn it into a lot when you give financially. There is so much we can do. So, please.... don't let all of this emotion for John be wasted. Make a commitment, and do something!

Please join me in giving thanks and celebrating this awesome news!

No comments:

Post a Comment