Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 7: Day 21

Nothing too exciting happened today. I am sure John thinks that Rick is way more fun than me! We had an appointment in the middle of the day, so we did a little bit of running this morning and then got lunch at O'Charley's later in the day. On our way out this morning, I used my Starbucks gift card to get my favorite drink. John was begging me for a cup of coffee! Rick gives him coffee every morning. I ordered him a small one, and he sucked it right down. Who knew? He is a lover of Starbucks coffee!

He drinks everything with a straw. Even coffee!

We stopped in Target to get him a new bag to take back. He had his heart set on this specific bag. I told him it might be too small, but we will try it. When I told him it was too small, he told me it was "an appropriate size." I don't know how I am going to get all of his things back to China! 

There was absolutely no changing his mind.


He always carries the bags for me. He doesn't let me hold anything!
We ordered all of his pictures and started his memory book. He loves it! It ended up being really thick... one more thing to squeeze into that suitcase. I am so happy he will have a way to remember this trip. 

John was dragging today... he was so tired. He told me that he has a rest time in China. It is from 11:30-2:00 every day. Shut the front door! This information would have been useful 3 weeks ago. That is my kind of rule! A mandatory nap? Sounds like heaven. When it was time to pick up the kids from school, he asked if he could stay home and sleep. HA! Nice try, but no. He put the seats down in the car and snoozed while we waited in car line. When the kids got in, they started in with their arguing about who would sit where... and John kept saying (in English) "SHHHHH.... JOHN IS SLEEPING" haha, it made me giggle. 

This was our second trip back up to school to get Andrew after one of his clubs. He hung out the top yelling "And-a-reeeew...."

We worked on thank you cards this afternoon. So many people have given us money or gift cards for fun experiences while he is here. I wanted him to write 'thank you' on all of the cards. I am so fascinated by the Chinese characters. It is really amazing. I feel like you would have to be a genius to learn that language. 


He spent the rest of the day playing outside with the kids and tinkering around the house, what he does best. We had an interesting conversation tonight. John loves maps, and he loves to see where we are and what is around him. We actually found where he lives on google maps, and he showed us the path he walks to go to school. Very cool! Technology just amazes me. We told him that we love China and that one day we will take our family there. We told him we will go to Beijing or Guangzhou, and he said we should come to his town because it is a "good economic zone." I thought that was cute. 

He is still awake as I type this! We have been letting him stay up later in hopes that he sleeps through the night. So far, it has been working. One week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment