Monday, January 4, 2016

January 3 and 4: Day 17 and 18

We did a whole bunch of nothing on Sunday! John went to bed at 11 pm Saturday night, so we were hopeful for some sleep. I heard him in his room at 4:30 am Sunday, so I went to check on him. His lights were on, his bed was made, and he was busy playing Legos. Ahhhh!!!! This kid doesn't sleep. I told him to try to get some more rest. He came to get me at 5:15 am, and I told him to get his iPad. That worked for an hour, but he was standing at my bed again at 6:15 am. Alrighty then, who needs sleep?!?!?

We went to church (he slept through it again...) and spent the day at home getting ready for our school week. It was a day spent with video games, board games, movies, and Legos. I only took one picture, and that was a selfie before bed.

I always kiss him on the head and give him a hug when he is ready for bed.


We told him that all of the kids would be gone on Monday, and that it would only be Rick with him. He jumped up and down out of excitement! He went to bed at 7:30, happy as can be. Since I had to get up at 5:00 am for work, I was certain this would be the day he slept until noon.

We didn't plan well, and Matthew had to get his school clothes out of John's room, so he woke him up just after 6:00 am. I was still impressed he slept that long through the night!

Rick and John spent the morning hiking. He loved it! I can only imagine what it was like for him to see all of the scenery on that hike. 





I left Rick a long to-do list. (I know how to get things done!) John enjoyed helping Rick work through the chores. One thing that has been driving me crazy is a broken cabinet door in our living room. John and Rick went to Lowe's to get stuff to fix it today. When I walked in the door, John was so excited to show me it was fixed. He also ran up and gave me a big hug. He is the sweetest!

We took the kids to Wendy's tonight for dinner. Through the app John told us he wanted something BIG. That cracks me up. He ate another giant hamburger and fries. He was happy with Wendy's! He weighed himself tonight and he was 75 pounds. That is about 34 kg, and he said he normally weighs around 30 kg. Holla! He also told Rick he was trying to gain weight. Ha, ha!!! We still have 10 more days to fatten him up. 

He absolutely loves to wrestle with Rick. Rick will get him in headlocks and pin him to the floor (can you feel the love?) and he just cracks up. He will also hang from Rick's arms when he flexes his muscles. He loves all of it.

Time for bed! This is how we sleep at the Fischer house. (Ever seen the Croods?)

Our days are ticking away. We have a calendar where we cross off the days so he is prepared when it is time to go back to China. I showed it to him and counted the days out. He dropped his head and walked away. I asked if he was happy to go back to China, and he told me no. My heart was broken. I can't wait for the day that this little guy will have a place to call home... forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment