Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 8 and 9: Day 22 and 23

Friday was a boring day around here. We had plans for me to go to the doctor for my eye, but Matthew woke up sick so those plans were cancelled. We spent the morning in the doctor's office so Matthew could get a breathing treatment and get his asthma back in control. After that we had to get medicine, so the whole trip took awhile. Matthew didn't have any energy, so he spent the day on the couch watching movies. I did laundry, and John did a little bit of everything. He told Rick it was a boring day. ha! I agree!

Friday night, Andrew had a science night to attend at a local school. Rick took John and Andrew. John enjoyed watching the experiments and playing with the blocks and gears. I really see a bright future for this little engineer! He went to bed at 9:30, which is a tad earlier than the last few nights. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning to check on my daughter, and John was wide awake playing in his room. At this point, it isn't worth trying to fix it. In a few days he will be back on China time. I told him he had to stay in his room until 6:00, and then I shut the door. I think he fell back asleep because he didn't come down until 7:00.

Saturday morning Rick took the boys to a pancake breakfast fundraiser for a local baseball team. (Thanks for the tickets, Doug!) The boys spent the rest of the morning playing outside. We decided to go to the movies later this afternoon to see Star Wars. I think John enjoyed it! All of the action kept his attention, even though he didn't understand what they were saying. He also enjoyed the popcorn and the coke.

Tonight for dinner he asked for noodles. Rick made him some spiral noodles and he ate them with ketchup. Let me remind you that he would not touch spaghetti... but noodles smothered in ketchup seems to be just fine. 

We have been talking about him leaving, just so it is not a surprise. I asked him how he feels and he says he doesn't know. I am sure that means he has mixed feelings. I know he is sad to leave, but also happy to get back to the "normal" of his life. We were trying to pack a few things in his bag tonight. I think some of his new clothes will have to end up staying here. I'm not sure I can squeeze it all in, but we will try. He wanted to make sure the Legos got in there. :) We can make that happen!


Building at science night
Science night
Science night
STAR WARS!!!
Anyone want ketchup on their noodles?

No comments:

Post a Comment