Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday, December 19: Day 2

Wow! What a day!

Long slept until 7:30 am. What a relief. I think it is safe to say that his sleeping schedule has been adjusted. He woke up happy and started playing with the kids right away. 

Shortly after breakfast we headed out to the YMCA. He got to play some basketball and then explore the play area. The kids loved showing him around. When I came to check on him, guess where I found him? In the toddler section playing with the wooded trains. He is just fascinated with those things! He told me through the app that he was happy. When it was time to go, he looked a little bummed. I told him we could come back everyday. As we were walking out he saw the swimming pool. His eyes got big and he ran to the door to go in, but we told him it would have to wait for another day. 




Yesterday I asked him what his favorite food was and he told me pizza and hamburgers. Ha, ha. After the Y, I asked if he wanted a hamburger. He shouted YES!!! And then he added, "and I want a coke." We went to McDonald's and he got a cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, french fries and a coke. I know our time together has been short, but this was the first time I saw him eat this much. He LOVED it! 

We spent the rest of the day playing around the house. He spent a lot of time with Legos today and then he discovered the NERF guns. He thought that was awesome.

He didn't like the soup I made for dinner, so Rick made him a grilled cheese. He was pretty happy about that grilled cheese sandwich! Timmy, my youngest, was acting like a character (nothing new for this family) and made Long laugh so hard that apple juice flew out his nose. My table full of boys erupted in laughter. 

He thought it was hilarious that his cheese did this. Grilled cheese was a big hit!

They are working together to complete this huge marble run. 


He found the circuit kit today, and really enjoyed playing with it.

Overall, it was another happy day. He is such a special young man. I tried to ask him a few questions to get to know him better, but he wasn't really sure how to respond. It is hard to tell if he doesn't want to talk about it, or if the translator said something crazy.When it was time for bed, I told him to get washed up and he did so immediately. He gave Rick a high 5, and me a hug, and then jumped into bed with a smile. 

Please continue to share his story. I am confident that God has special plans for this young man. I am just thankful that He found a way to use us to help this amazing kid find his forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment