Monday, December 21, 2015

December 20: Day 3

We had a very busy day! Long had another great night and slept all the way through until 7:00 am. He did not like our breakfast of cinnamon rolls. I told him that he needs to tell me when he doesn't like something so I can find something he does. I want this boy to put on some pounds while he is here!

Our day started out at church. We told him we were going to church and a few things that he could expect to see there. It was his first time at church.

This was his first time at church

He sat with us during worship... and you guessed it, he was freezing. He was wearing 3 layers and a vest, and Rick and I both had to put our coats around him. This boy needs some fat on his body to keep warm. He actually dozed off during church. I guess it would be pretty boring to sit and listen to something that you don't understand. He did recognize the Bible, and I asked if he knew about Jesus. He said yes. I asked who told him, and he said that he read about Him on his own. I asked if he had a Bible, and he did not. There is a lot more I would love to know about that, but we are so limited on how we communicate. 

We had lunch at home. He told us through the translator app that he wanted to go outside. I told him it was cold, and he said that was OK. We put a few more layers on him and headed outside. We explored the creek, the woods at the back of our property, and then had a fire. He thought the fire was cool! He said that he has seen a fire before. They loved collecting sticks and throwing them in the fire. Rick let him drive the tractor, and then he spent some time riding our rip rider. We spent several hours outside. 



Not sure what he thought about exploring the woods

He loved building a fire. They all worked together to get this branch carried to the fire.

He loved to watch it. Then he got on the app and said "I want BIG fire!" LOL, such a boy

He had a big smile on the tractor!

He never really figured out how to make these spin, but he liked riding it. 

Some friends said we could visit their farm to see the animals. Long has never seen a horse, and you MUST see a horse while you are in Kentucky! We headed over there just before dinner and he dozed off in the car. I think the travel, and everything he is taking in, is just wearing him out. 

He perked up when we got to the farm and enjoyed petting the animals. He saw horses, cows, chickens, ducks, sheep, and farm dogs. I know it was a lot for him to take in... AND he was freezing. Our friends gave us one of their coats for him. We just can't keep this boy warm!

His first time to see a horse.

Holding a baby rabbit

He got to hold a duck, and the duck kept tucking his head behind his hood. It made him giggle!

He fell asleep before we were even out of the driveway. As soon as we got home, he ran straight to his room and got in bed (with his 18 layers on, including the winter coat.) I told him to put his night clothes on and use the bathroom. He snuggled up in bed and was OUT! Poor thing is exhausted. I am sure it is a combination of everything. The travel, everything new, a very busy day... he was just tuckered out. 

We are so amazed at this young man. He is so sweet, caring, and curious. He really is a great kid. I hope he is having fun and not missing his China home too much. I did find someone today that is going to help me translate. I hope this helps us get to know him better. 

The possibility of him NOT getting adopted is really weighing on me. There is certainly no guarantee. He is just so great, any family would be lucky to have him. We just have to trust that this is part of His plan, and know that He loves Long way more than any of us could.

Here's hoping that he makes it through the night after a 5:30 bedtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment