Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December 28: Day 11

So sorry I was not able to update last night. I am pretty tuckered out these days and decided to hit the sack instead of the computer. Our day started out bright and early with a game of Monopoly at 6:00 am. He found the game in our game cabinet and said it was one of his favorite things. I asked how he learned to play, and he said "I use to have it in China, but now I do not."

6:00 am Monopoly game...fun times
I had to go into work for a few hours, so Rick held the fort down. He said they had a blast playing together. They like to take the app, and Rick "tries" to say Chinese phrases into it, but it always comes back with something silly. Long will laugh and say our phones are crazy. They played with Legos, the flying helicopter, ping pong... you name it, they played it. 

When I got home from work I could tell everyone was going a bit crazy from being inside all day. (we had rain, again!!) So we decided to go out to eat and then bowling. We ate a steakhouse where you can throw the peanuts on the ground. Long loved the peanuts and he was collecting a nice, neat pile in front of him. I said "Watch this!" and threw them on the ground. That rocked his world. He couldn't believe it! Sorry to the future family who adopts him, takes him out to eat, and then has to deal with him throwing his leftovers on the ground. You won't believe what he ate. Chicken! He eats chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Can you imagine? But he loves it, and I am all about fattening that kid up. Keep the fried chicken comin'!

Before we left the house to go bowling, we lined all the kids up like bowling pins and acted out what we would be doing. First of all, I hate to brag... but my kids did an awesome job falling over at the perfect time. It's like they were born to be bowling pins. Then we realized he might think that we would actually be doing this with humans, so we found a video to show him instead. I know, genius, right?He had a blast bowling! Oh my stars, I wish you could have seen the first time he got a strike. The joy in that boy was awesome! He started jumping up and down and celebrating. I tried to capture some on video, but every time I did, nothing happened. Then when I put it down, he would get a strike or a spare and celebrate again. Of course! I think he had a great time. He was all smiles. He said that it was his first time bowling.

The bowling crew. My mom was also there, but she took the picture. 

Long: professional bowler
Action shot

He didn't go to bed until 9:40. Awesome, right? I was so hopeful we would get some sleep. But, I heard him up and ready at 6:30 am. Doesn't he realize that he is a pre-teen and he needs to be sleeping until noon? 

It was a fun day! Long also got to meet another cousin. He meets everyone with a smile. This kid is awesome! Oh, I also wanted to mention that Long has a new love for Minecraft. He learned how to make a house. He says, "Mommy, mommy... dis good?" He is always so proud of himself. I am glad he has given up the Chinese websites for Minecraft. One more important thing to note... his English name is John! I meant to post that days ago, but this sleep deprived mama forgot. He told the translators when they came last week. He loves to write his name and he also loves to use his name! I am not sure if he picked this name, or someone gave it to him, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment